Dojang (Studio) Etiquette
- Arrive at least ten minutes before the class is scheduled to start.
- Warm up and stretch prior to class.
- Do not wear full or partial uniforms outside of the Tang Soo Do School.
- Partial uniforms are not allowed during class.
- Use water only to wash your mouth out. Drink small amounts.
- During breaks is the only time to see to personal needs, do not ask to use the restroom or for a drink during class.
- Wear a clean white uniform with no marking except those approved.
- Do not take part in loud disruptive conversations before, during and after class.
- Students should remain silent during instruction.
- Do not wear shoes to class except preauthorized karate shoes or lightweight tennis shoes that are designated for indoor karate use only.
- All students should take part in cleaning the dojang since a high degree of cleanliness must be maintained.
- Keep a clean personal appearance, especially hair, hands, face and feet.
- Keep toenails and fingernails clean and clipped short.
- Students/Parents should notify their instructor in advance of any absences.
- Spectators must be silent at all times.
- Do not be involved in any at fault or “questionable” fighting outside of dojang.
- If you are observed disrespecting parents or siblings you may be excused from class.
The best way to get all of your questions answered is to refer to your gup manual. Gup manual is provided with your WTSDA membership. See instructor for details.